Tuesday, November 21, 2006

My Favorite Things

As Julie Andrew's voice lilts through my subconscious...Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens..... here are a few of my favorite things:

  • rainstorms, a good book & a cozy bed
  • looking out at the Puget Sound
  • long drives to nowhere in particular
  • time to think
  • drowning in pillows
  • held gazes, slow smiles & silent conversations
  • fingers brushing my hair, whispers in my ear, warm strength against my back
  • hearing "I adore you." from the man I love
  • kisses from my nieces & nephews
  • spending quality time with people who bring meaning to my life
  • reading & writing of life, love and everything in between
  • listening to music that reminds me of where I've been, where I am and where I can be


So much more to add, but this is in essence, me with simple needs, simple wants.


It may sound trite, but when life is a little frustrating and you feel like you're missing something. Or someone. This is what I do. I enumerate my favorite things. Count your blessings if you will. Then my world is right again.

No comments: