- rainstorms, a good book & a cozy bed
- looking out at the Puget Sound
- long drives to nowhere in particular
- time to think
- drowning in pillows
- held gazes, slow smiles & silent conversations
- fingers brushing my hair, whispers in my ear, warm strength against my back
- hearing "I adore you." from the man I love
- kisses from my nieces & nephews
- spending quality time with people who bring meaning to my life
- reading & writing of life, love and everything in between
- listening to music that reminds me of where I've been, where I am and where I can be
So much more to add, but this is in essence, me with simple needs, simple wants.
It may sound trite, but when life is a little frustrating and you feel like you're missing something. Or someone. This is what I do. I enumerate my favorite things. Count your blessings if you will. Then my world is right again.