Wednesday, December 05, 2007

The Plan in Action

Warning: the following may be TMI for you, so proceed with caution.

So, I started Clomid last week. Don't ask me the chemistry of it all, all I know is that it's supposed to help me release more eggs, to ensure a greater chance of at least one getting fertilized. I started taking it Wednesday, and man did it kick my ass. I don't know what chemical reaction it produces in my body to make me release more eggs. I guess I should know, but I don't. The doctor just said,"Take these." so I took 'em.

I took them Wednesday night thinking whatever side effects it caused would happen while I slept. I woke up with a migraine, cramps and back pain and felt feverish all day Thursday. So I stayed home and literally stayed in bed all day. I went to work on Friday not feeling much better and honestly, I felt like my ovaries were just throbbing and there was some occasional stabbing pains. With every stab I thought, "Hmm....could that be an egg releasing?"

By the end of the weekend, I think my system had stabilized and I took my last pair of pills for this cycle on Sunday night. My ovulation testing starts tomorrow morning. If it's a (+) then Gareth reports for duty and I may be a little late for work. If it's (-) then he gets to sleep a little more.

One plus for Clomid, I've had a few compliments at work that I'm "glowing." I thought you only heard that AFTER you get pregnant. Or maybe they were just being nice about the feverish state I was in for the first few days.

Anyway....keeping my fingers crossed!

No comments: