Tuesday, November 02, 2010

I Voted! Where's My Cookie?

”King

I mailed my ballot in a week ago. I can tell you that was the easiest part of the process. I studied the voters' pamphlet and for each decision, I felt like I was just picking the lesser of two evils.

In spite of the mud-slinging circus elections have become, I am thankful for the right to vote and the systems in place to make it an accessible and unencumbered process for me. I know that is not the case in many countries and even some U.S. states. I'm proud to vote in the first state in the 20th century and the fifth state in the Union to enact women’s suffrage.


Washington State celebrates the centennial of women's suffrage this month. Check out http://www.washingtonwomenshistory.org/events/centennial.aspx for more information.

No comments: