Sunday, December 03, 2006

The First Step

I finally took it! I submitted an essay to a magazine a month ago, just on impulse. Of course, it was nervous impulse, but I did it anyway. It's not a major magazine, it's just a small one that caters to sharing the stories of women in their 50's & 60's, called Releasing Times. They had posted a request on one of the writing group boards I visit, for women in their 30s & 40s to submit an essay about their mothers' journeys. So I submitted the essay I wrote about Mama when I was still in college. I updated it a bit, since back then none of us kids were married, and Mama was still grandchild-free.

Anyway...the magazine wants to print it for their next issue! Yay! LoL...

I was testing the waters when I submitted my essay ~ just to see how my writing would be accepted. What a great feeling to be asked for my permission to publish it. It's a baby step, but I hope I can take more steps that set me running in the next year towards a dream I've put off for too long.

Ready...set...go! Whee!

No comments: