Wednesday, June 25, 2008

21 Days of Gratitude: Day 10

First of all, thank you to those of you who responded to my "Tag! You're it!" It's always fun to learn new things about our loved ones or be reminded of your weirdness.

I got to test out my new digs at work. I'm moving from "training row" to my new team block soon. My new teammates and supervisor seem excited to welcome me to the crew, which is very heartwarming. My supervisor is a little woman with a big laugh. Very nice and a straightshooter. Her husband once played an unnamed Ewok in the Return of the Jedi, and later played Wicket's dad, Deej in the Ewok Movie. He also starred in Night Court as the boss of as Dan, the assistant district attorney played by John Larroquette. I thought that was an interesting piece of trivia.

Anyway, I think I'll enjoy my new team and my new office space. Unlike many people, I actually enjoy moving and starting fresh. Now that I know my job better, I'll be able to set things up in a more practical manner. Not that my current digs was totally impractical ~ I just know better what I can save and what I can toss, etc.

For the 10th day of this exercise of mine, I've learned quite a few things about my daily life, and it's made me more aware of what or who the constants are and it's actually made time fast quickly. Weird how that happened considering my goal was to slow down and savor moments and reflect on all the good things happening in my life.

The biggest constant I have discovered is how Gareth, for such a complex and demanding individual himelf, can make my life a lot easier. I'm so thankful to not have to worry about the bills getting paid or building a savings, even in the toughest of economic times. We have a wonderful vacation planned in September, and I did not have to spend a moment stressing over details, Gareth saw to it all. Of course, it helps to be a Disney Vacation Club member where all we have to do is pick the dates and make a reservation. But Gareth has worked all the details out so there's really nothing to worry about. All I have to do is pick out things to do on the cruise, pack and be ready to leave on September 10. I'm sooo excited!

No comments: