Friday, June 20, 2008

21 Days of Gratitude: Day 5

It's the summer solstice and my office celebrates it with an all day snack day. I made chocolate chip bar cookies. I was too lazy to do the whole spoonful drop thing. I just dumped the dough into the pan and rolled it out. It was a hit, but then again, all the contributions were thoroughly enjoyed.

Today, I'm thankful for all the great snacks brought in. My personal favorites were Dave's apple fritters, Tonya's ham & cream cheese wrapped asparagus spears, Wendy's guacamole, Vivian's summer sausage and Kerry's salami & cheese tray.

I'm grateful for a phone call from my mom telling me she and Papa and Ateng would take me out to lunch next Friday for an early birthday lunch. I not only appreciated the call, I appreciated the one week advance notice. LoL... My family's not well known for pre-planning.

I'm grateful for a phone call from my Kuya who always manages to make me laugh with his somewhat regular calls as he drives to work.

I'm grateful for an easy commute home where no one slept and easy conversations flowed.

I'm grateful that summer has finally arrived in Washington, just in time for the official first day of summer. Now I feel like I've just been ridiculously impatient.

Here's to a weekend with more things to be grateful about!

No comments: