Monday, June 23, 2008

21 Days of Gratitude: Day 8

I like the number 8. So, today, it's 8 things I'm grateful for:

1. Waking up without a lot of aches and pains from the manual labor yesterday. I wonder if the Extra Virgin Coconut Oil Gareth and I have been consuming has restorative benefits as well as preventative. I've been taking it for about a week now, and I haven't once had to reach for my inhaler.

2. Having such a thoughtful hubby who knew I wanted to screen WALL-E with him tonight. He made arrangements with the studio rep to save two seats in case we were late then drove south from work to pick me up from the park & ride to drive back north to downtown Seattle.

3. Being able to focus and meet all my deadlines at work today so all my June retirees will get their first benefit checks on time at the end of the month. Giving money is such a nice change from collecting it.

4. Earning my boss's appreciation for helping on a special, time-sensitive project. He gave me a gift certificate for the local coffee stand. It had been serving as a bookmark and I'd forgotten I had it. I skipped breakfast and had forgotten to pack my lunch today, so it was a much-appreciated lifesaver today.

5. A beautiful, sunny day. Not too hot, not too cold. Just right. We might just have a summer season after all.

6. The excited couple who have decided to adopt two kittens: Dandelion and Avril, our remaining orange tabby and our silver tabby. They can't pick them up yet until they move into their new house in the first week of July, but they're so impatient they want visitation until they can take them home.

7. Myspace. For providing a venue for me to keep up with my family and friends through shared blogs and pictures. Imagine, just a few years ago it would take months before I could expect to see a picture of a new niece or nephew come to me in the mail. Now I can see them before they're even born. Techonology, you gotta love it.

8. A Monday cannot pass without a thank you to Samantha, from Dana's Housekeeping. I leave the house every Monday, excited to come home to a freshly cleaned abode. I still can't figure out how she gets done in 4 hours what takes me the whole week to accomplish. I credit her youth for her speed. I would wish she never grows up or want to be something else, but that would be selfish of me. But she's just so good at what she does. I guess that's why she's always fully booked. She cleans bigger and fancier places than ours, but I think she really likes ours because she's a big animal lover, too. And she pet-sits for free when we go out of town. She's just awesome.

Hope you all had a great Monday!

No comments: